- It’s CMEpalooza Day!by thecmeguy
- Everything You Need to Know About CMEpalooza Springby thecmeguy
Where do I watch CMEpalooza Spring? You watch it on the LIVE page.
Do I have to refresh the page to watch new sessions? That is super annoying. No, you do not have to refresh the page to watch new sessions. Every session now has a unique link, so you don’t need to refresh the LIVE page to watch each new session. Just find the session you want to watch at the appropriate time and click that link to begin. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
Will people be able to hear me on the broadcast? No. You are not on the broadcast. You are only watching a video feed of the broadcast. You can play Hip To Be Square by Huey Lewis and the News at full volume and no one will hear you except your neighbors, who might call the police, who might interrupt you while watching CMEpalooza. So, don’t play Hip To Be Square by Huey Lewis and the News at full volume while watching CMEpalooza.
Can I watch CMEpalooza at home? Yes.
Can I watch CMEpalooza at the office? For the first time in two years we finally feel (mostly) comfortable saying yes! Probably! Check your office guidelines to be sure! Or stay home! Either one is fine!
Can I watch CMEpalooza in a conference room with 150 other people? Yes? I mean, I wouldn’t want to do that even pre-pandemic, so I’m probably the wrong person to ask.
Can I watch CMEpalooza with Roy Kent? I don’t know. Let’s ask him.
Oi! Probably not.
Do I have to pre-register or register? Nope.
Do I have to pay anything to watch CMEpalooza? I love paying registration fees.
No. You don’t have to pay anything to watch CMEpalooza.
Do I have to take a survey afterward? Well, you don’t have to, but it would be nice if you did. It’s only a couple questions and shouldn’t take you more than 60 seconds. If it takes you more than 60 seconds, Scott will come to your house and re-create the Tequila dance scene from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure for you and a group of friends..
Can I get a certificate for watching CMEpalooza? Actually, yes. Well, kind of. We’re not accredited or certified or anything like that, and we have no way of verifying whether you actually watched any of these sessions or not. But if you want a certificate of completion that you can use to self-report participation in CMEpalooza Spring 2022, here you go. We’ll also post it on the LIVE page. Who knows, maybe these certificates will be worth something 200 years from now.
How do I ask questions of the presenters? There are the two usual ways you can ask questions and one “new” way:
- Send a text to the Creative Educational Concepts text line at 267-666-0CME (0263)
- Tweet a question using the #CMEpalooza hashtag
- NEW! If you open up the viewing window in YouTube (click on “Watch on YouTube” on lower left corner), you can enter in questions within the YouTube chat function.
We try to get to as many questions as we can throughout each presentation.
Do I have to watch all the sessions?
YES!No. Watch what interests you.
Will the sound quality for each presenter be crystal clear with consistent volume and no glitches? I mean, really, have you been on, I don’t know, 500 web calls in the last month? Is it always perfect for everyone? Of course not. That said, we’re better with this technology stuff than the average bear – we HAVE been doing this for 8 years now so hopefully we’ve learned something. So will it be pretty good for almost every presenter? Yes, yes it will. There will be some people who sound better than others. There may be a few glitches and hiccups. That’s just how it goes with a free conference where presenters volunteer their time and use their own equipment. Some people aren’t comfortable doing a presentation while wearing headphones and a mic, so we don’t force them to use it. We do the best that we can with what we have available to us.
Will I be offended by anything during CMEpalooza? I doubt it, but who knows. If you are, please email Scott and tell him all about it.
What if I’m busy during the day of the live broadcast? All the sessions will be archived on the website, like, immediately. How are we able to do it so fast? We have a new intern who is a real crackerjack on the interwebs. Here he is hard at work, writing our latest blog post.
- Nudge Nudge: Some CMEpalooza Remindersby scottkoberThings are always busy in the days leading up to CMEpalooza, and I know you are probably tired of seeing ONE MORE notification in your inbox from us. I promise we’ll leave you alone tomorrow, but just a few reminders from me today:
- We still need about 30 more responses to our CMEpalooza Feud survey to reach the magic number of 100. If you have not yet filled out your answers, you can go to this link to access the survey. It’ll be fun. And short. I promise. Just do it while you groove out to a little Gordon Lightfoot. (Note from Derek: Gordon Lightfoot?? Good lord we are old.)
- To avoid a last-minute scramble next Wednesday, go ahead and download the Poll Everywhere app now so that you can actively participate in our various sessions. Our friends at Array are sponsoring our audience response system this spring, and we’d hate to let them down.
- Go to your email calendar and double check that you have marked off next Wednesday as a “medical emergency” day. We wouldn’t want anyone bothering you while you watch our sessions.
- In the spirit of yesterday’s blog post, Derek has asked me to offer a CMEpalooza Twitter Haiku challenge to our audience. I told him no one would probably participate, but he’s persistent. So go onto Twitter today and give us your best, CMEpalooza-themed 5-7-5. Maybe you’ll even get a prize if your haiku is good – I dunno.