Here at CMEpalooza HQ, there is nothing we like more than our sponsors (OK, maybe the 76ers – preseason starts next week!!). And to celebrate our sponsors, as well as our loyal blog readers, we love trotting our special events in advance of every live broadcast date to both give exposure to our sponsors as well as pass along some handy spending cash to a few lucky folks. I am sure that Halloween candy has doubled in price once again this year (man, I miss the days when a quarter could buy you a Baby Ruth bar), so we’re once again giving away $500 in Amazon gift cards this year. Five winners will get $100 each.
After its successful unveiling in the Spring of 2020, we’re bring back one of our old favorites this Fall – CMEopoly. Yes, yes, Derek prefers that we call it CMonopolE, but when do I ever listen to him?
Here is what you need to know to play CMEopoly:
- Click on this link to download the necessary forms. That will give you a game board, the full list of “clues,” and an answer sheet.
- Call up our Sponsor page, where you can get information about all of the CMEpalooza Fall sponsors as well as links to their websites (this is vitally important since you’ll need them to get all of the answers).
- You earn one entry into our prize drawing for answering one question in each color bundle. We have a lot of sponsors this year (36 of ’em!) so there is more work than usual to qualify. Each entry will require 11 correct answers, though to ease your burden, I made the questions easier than usual (note from Derek: Scott is getting soft.) This shouldn’t take you long.
- You can submit up to two entries into the prize drawing, but for each entry, you must answer a unique series of clues. Each successful entry earns one chance at winning.
- When you complete your answer form(s), email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name and professional affiliation so that when we announce that you’ve won, everyone can be sufficiently jealous.
Entries are due on Friday, October 7 at 5 p.m. ET, so get cracking.
NOTE: The enrollment for this promotion is full. Those who were among the first 25 respondents will be receiving further information to redeem their gift cards from us shortly.
Hold on tight, people – we’re going to be throwing a lot of stuff at you these next few weeks in the lead up to CMEpalooza Fall on Wednesday, October 19 (for the love of God, if you haven’t blocked off your calendar that day with a note that “Uncle George and Aunt Pat need help in the orchard,” please do so immediately). There will be more chances than ever to earn money and other goodies for doing not much more than going about your daily lives.
Sounds pretty easy, right? Surely there has to be a catch? What kind of idiots would give away things for doing nothing? (Looks at Derek. Nods glumly)
Thanks to our sponsors at Integritas Communications, we’re trotting out our first freebie giveaway today. Good news for you is that it’s also the one that takes the least effort of all. It’s our CMEpalooza Feeds the People initiative, where you can get a $15 Grubhub gift card for doing nothing more than being one of the first 25 individuals to complete the form at the bottom of this post.
We’re only asking for three things:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your favorite type of pie
Our hope is that you will use this gift card to order a lunch delivery on the day of CMEpalooza Fall so that you don’t miss a second of our award-winning education (Derek’s wife voted CMEpalooza the “Most Annoying Topic of Conversation in Our Household” last year, so we are officially an award winner) (note from Derek: it narrowly beat out “Reasons I Love Joel Embiid” for the award), but since we can’t really trace when you use the gift card, I suppose you can use it this weekend to order chicken wings from that place down the street. You’ll just feel really guilty if you do.
No haiku or limericks or Top 5 lists or trivia competitions or MS Paint cartoons or political satire or CME Detectives or reminiscences of favorite concerts or poking fun at Scott (so easy!) or fake awards or Sixers references or any other clever (and less clever) gimmicks.
This is a straightforward plea for you to submit your questions for the CMEpalooza Hotline by the end of the day today. One of our panelists is located in Hawaii so the hotline will be open late. We have a few questions; we could use more. This is your chance to get your burning grants questions answered!
As a reminder, there are two options to submit your questions:
Option #2: Text your questions to the Grants Hotline at 267-666-0CME (0263)