Our crack team at CMEpalooza headquarters woke up to a flurry of emails this morning that all essentially said the same thing – “I really, really, really (really) want to play CMEpalooza Bingo!! but I just haven’t found the time. Can’t we have until Friday afternoon?”
Usually, my response to these sorts of things is short and succinct.
I mean, c’mon people, there are deadlines for a reason. I hate those emails you get that claim “Deadline extended!” because they mean that the deadline was always going to be extended and the time you took rushing to meet the initial deadline has now been wasted.
Don’t get me started.
But perhaps because I still have gleeful visions of Derek as a Sixers halftime dancer, I’m in a good mood today, so we’re extending the deadline to play CMEpalooza Bingo!! until tomorrow (Friday, September 23) at 8:13 p.m. ET. Why did I choose such a random time? Because I have that power.
As a reminder, we’re giving away $500 in Amazon gift cards for those who successfully enter (there are 13 total prizes — first prize is $100 with other prizes of $50 and $25). It takes, in all honesty, 5 minutes to complete a game board.
Here once again are the rules:
- There are a few documents you’ll need to download and/or print out — The bingo card, the question sheet, and the answer form. Don’t worry – we’ve compiled these into one document that you can print out or download. You can get everything you need by clicking on this link. If you want the CMEpalooza Bingo!! Answer Form as a Word document you can write on, we’ve got that right here for you.
- On the bingo card, you’ll see that each CMEpalooza Fall sponsor has been assigned a specific slot (there are a few CMEpalooza slots to fill out the card). Each slot has coordinates listed in the upper left-hand corner. This is important to note as you are filling out the Answer Form.
- To get the answer to the questions, you’ll probably need to visit some of our sponsor websites. You can find direct links to all of them on the CMEpalooza Fall sponsor page.
- We’re not cruel, so we won’t make you complete the entire card. Simply make one Bingo by answering 5 questions that complete either a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line (just like, you know, as in a Bingo game). Feel free to visit any additional sponsor sites if you really want to, but it’s not mandatory.
- Fill out the Answer Form and return it to me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the new and improved deadline
I promise that this is the one and only deadline extension. The hopper closes on Friday night.