I come from a big board game family. Growing up, we had pretty much all of them. Yes, there were the usual standards such as Monopoly, Clue, and Sorry! but we also had some more obscure gems such as Careers, Parcheesi, and Rummy Cube. I spent a lot of time lying on the rug in the den beating up my sister at all of these games. Good times.
That’s why it’s always fun when it comes time for our CMEpalooza Sponsor event. While I haven’t quite figured out how to replicate some of these board games for our format (yet), it does allow me to harken back to those days of yore.
With a record 28 sponsors for CMEpalooza Fall — not too late for your company to join in! — developing this fall’s event was quite a lot of work. Some of our previous game designs such as CMEpalooza Bingo!! would not work (only 25 spaces). But fortunately, others were just fine. And so, thanks to some help from our intrepid Fall intern TJ, we’re bringing back CMEpalooza Pursuit this fall for another go round. There are some brand new categories such as The 80s (natch) and Food and Drink to join the more traditional ones.
Here is how CMEpalooza Pursuit works:
- Click here to download the list of forms you will need, both the questions and the answer form
- Use the Sponsor tab of the CMEpalooza website to get links to all of the companies involved in this event. You’ll need to visit the Sponsor sites to get the answers to all of our questions. We promise there is nothing that can’t be found within a click or two.
- Complete the entry form by coming up with a correct response to one question in each category. That’s nine questions/answers in all.
- Added bonus this year — you can enter up to three times, as long as you select different sponsors in each category for each entry.
- Send your completed entry form to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. ET on Monday, September 28.
- Take that 4-leaf clover and clutch it tightly to your chest
We’ll be giving away $500 in Amazon gift cards to our winners – there will be 5 winners of $100 each randomly selected from all of our correct entries. We’ve been doing these events for so long now that many of our most loyal players have won thousands of dollars thanks to our generosity. They hope you will be too overwhelmed by work and family that you won’t have time to play CMEpalooza Pursuit. Don’t let them quiet your voice! Find 15 minutes, complete your gameboard, and give yourself a shot at the big prizes.