And just like that…we’re back! Yes, it seems like just yesterday I was saying to Scott upon the conclusion of another successful CMEpalooza, “Thank god that’s over! That was our best CMEpalooza, yet!” Where does the time go?
Despite the quick passage of time, a surprising number of major events have occurred in our lives during the four months since CMEpalooza Fall. A brief summary:
- The Philadelphia Phillies played in the World Series! And lost.
- The Philadelphia Union played in the MLS Cup! And lost.
- The Philadelphia Eagles played in the Super Bowl! And lost.
- Derek went to his first Alliance conference since 2020
- Scott made fun of Derek for wearing a tattered baseball hat that looked like it was stained with tobacco juice to a “fancy hat” party at the Alliance conference
- Cocaine Bear was released in theaters
It’s been a wild couple of months, but we’re happy to get back to what we do best: putting together the best CMEpalooza yet!
Click here for the preliminary agenda for CMEpalooza Spring 2023. We will be updating final details for some of the sessions over the next few weeks, but this should at least give you a general overview for most of the sessions.
The response to our call for abstracts was amazing (double our previous record number of submissions!) and we want to give a big thank you to everyone who submitted. We easily could have put together a three-day CMEpalooza with the quality of the abstracts we received. The worst part about asking for abstracts is then telling people we didn’t accept their abstract (I wimped out and asked Scott to send out the rejection emails. He has a heart of stone [OK, that part is not true. I just didn’t want to do it.]) (note from Scott: Derek isn’t totally wrong. I like to tell people I have a heart of gypsum. It’s stone, but a very soft stone. Hey, I took two semesters of geology as an undergrad. I had to do something with that knowledge)
Our goal was to put together an agenda you will find interesting, informative, and entertaining. We think we’ve done that. Hopefully you will, too.
See you all on April 12!