Top 5 Reasons to Participate in the CMEpalooza STEPtacular Challenge
5. It’s not another 5K. I love 5Ks, though I rarely run in organized races because I am slower than a tortoise with plantar fasciitis. These days, it seems like everyone has a 5K. We wanted to do something a little different and something a little more inclusive for CMEpalooza. If, like me, you are slower than a constipated sloth, it doesn’t matter with the STEPtacular Challenge. Steps at any speed are accepted.
4. What else are you going to do? Sit around all weekend watching football/baseball/hockey? (note: I plan to sit around all weekend watching football/baseball/hockey. Well…not hockey. But you should go out and get some steps!)
3. It’s for a good cause. In lieu of an entrance fee, we are asking everyone to please consider joining CMEpalooza and Talem Health in making a donation to the Red Cross Hurricane Ian Relief fund. The recommended amount is $25, or whatever you are comfortable giving. In fact, even if you aren’t participating in the challenge you should do this. Yes, I am trying to guilt trip you into giving a donation. No, I don’t feel bad about it. Here is the link to make a donation.
2. Because Eric VanStone at Talem Health is a good guy and is giving everyone who enters a free performance T-shirt. You’ll be the envy of the neighborhood with the CMEpalooza logo splashed across your chest.
1. Free money. Everyone who enters is eligible for a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card (there are five gift cards; you cannot win more than one.) The person who records and submits the most steps in one day wins a $250 Amazon gift card. The current leader is under 20,000 steps, so not an unsurpassable amount, though more than I will reach sitting around all weekend watching football/baseball/not hockey.