Yes, all has been quiet on the CMEpalooza front, but never fear! Our minions have been hard at work behind the scenes starting preparations for CMEpalooza Fall (coming Wednesday, October 19! Save the date now!). Here’s a clip of them I filmed earlier today:
The agenda is starting to round into shape and I think this is going to be the most fascinating ‘palooza we have ever had, with all sorts of new formats and topics being tackled. I won’t go into too much detail at this point as we are still firming up final topics and faculty, but I can say that we will be doing another CME Puntua Lortu and it is open for anyone to submit an abstract to present. I’ll take your questions in order:
- What is a Puntua Lortu? It is our version of a Pecha Kucha. You can read more details about the format and the name here. My fake Basque grandfather implores you.
- No really, what is it? Sigh. It’s a presentation format where you get 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide, and the slides automatically advance. You can see some fantastic examples from CMEpalooza Spring 2016 and Fall 2015.
- What do you need from me? If you are interested in presenting a Puntua Lortu at CMEpalooza Fall, we need you to submit an abstract here.
- If I submit an abstract, am I guaranteed a slot in the CMEpalooza Puntua Lortu? No. We have five open slots, and we will review all the abstracts and pick the five we are most interested in. That said, we typically don’t get a lot of proposed sessions for this format, so unless a cavalry of brave CME soldiers appears on the horizon, if you put in a proposal, your chances are reasonably good. But no promises.
- What topic should I present on? Anything related to CME. The more creative the better.
We ask that all CME Putua Lortu abstracts be submitted by July 1. After that, we’ll review them and let you know if your abstract has been accepted for a presentation at CMEpalooza Fall. If you have any questions about the format or the abstract process, feel free to ask them in the comments or to send me an email.
3 thoughts on “We want YOU to Puntua Lortu (at CMEpalooza Fall)”
Whoops, missed the deadline for Puntua Lortu
Good news for you then, Pam – the deadline is being extended! More news next week on the “new” deadline, but feel free to send over your proposal and Derek will add it to the pile.